Engagement & Bridal Photo Shoots
Pre Wedding Photography
Are you thinking about booking an engagement or pre wedding photography session, but not sure if you need both? Although they are often confused, the two are very different. Pre wedding and engagement shoots can provide you with beautiful keepsakes, can be given as gifts to your spouse or others, and often give you an exciting glimpse into your wedding day.
Pre Wedding Photography
Pre wedding photography is often referred to as "bridal photography", or bridal portraits. It is usually done a couple of weeks before the wedding, although many brides opt to do it post-wedding with a fun "rock the dress" or "trash the dress" photoshoot.
For more traditionally-minded couples, pre-wedding bridal shoots usually do not include the groom. This is a time for the bride to dress up in her full wedding attire, with hair and makeup, and have one-on-one time with her photographer to create her desired beauty portraits.
Having trouble deciding if pre wedding photography is for you? Below are the main benefits to fitting this time into your busy schedule:
- You will know exactly how you will look on your wedding day. Are you having mixed feelings about the earrings you picked for the big day? Not sure if your dress should be altered once more for a perfect fit? Scheduling a bridal photography shoot is an excellent way to see it all come together- the shoes, the hair, the makeup, the jewelry. You won't lay awake the night before your wedding wondering if you'd rather have picked those other heels.
- You will feel much less stressed on the actual wedding day. If there is one piece of advice I wish I had taken when I was getting married, it would have been to save myself some stress and get my beauty shots done in advance. Let me tell you, there is almost never enough time on the actual day to get all of shots you are hoping for. Knowing that your beauty portraits are already done will give you great peace of mind when your wedding day whirlwind arrives.
- Variety is the spice of life (in your photo backgrounds!) Occasionally seeing the same background in all of your wedding shots can make them look a bit repetitive. If you want your beauty photos to really stand out and appear fresh, having your pre wedding photos taken in a beautiful hotel room or serene outdoor setting can make a big difference. Plus, they make for beautiful keepsakes for close family.
Engagement photography sessions are a great idea for capturing that special time you have with your fiance months before wedding craziness ensues. Couples photography has more benefits than the sentimental value too.
- It gives you the opportunity to test run your hair and makeup. Not sure if the stylist you've chosen is the right one for your wedding day? Want to see how you'd look with a bold red lip in your official photos? Having your hair and makeup done is a great idea for trying out your chosen wedding looks.
- Create beautiful invitations and thank you cards. Personalized invitations are always preferred, especially by your closest friends and family. Classy and timeless engagement photos can give you the perfect base for those invites and thank you cards.
- Give them as keepsakes to your closest people. Your parents, parents-in-law, and best friends will always appreciate little gifts that remind them of your special day. Plus, you'll want to keep a few around the house for you to look back on fondly.
Book Your Photo Session With Us Today!
Bridal & Couples Photography Sessions - 2 hour sessions beginning at 475.00
Engagement Photography - Included in some wedding photography packages, or 1 hour sessions beginning at 325.00
Return to Home from Engagement & Pre Wedding Photography
Contact Us - Questions & Bookings
Wild Fox Weddings provides beautiful wedding and engagement photography, boudoir photo shoots, custom wedding packages, and pre-wedding photography in Portland, Oregon. We gladly support LGBTQ weddings and ceremonies.
Oregon based wedding photography includes Bend, Salem, Springfield, Eugene, Corvallis, Seaside, Oregon City, Medford, Grants Pass, Roseburg, Oregon Coast, and Eastern Oregon. We also serve many parts of Washington, including Vancouver, Seattle, Kent, Bellevue, Renton, and Olympia.
We are available to travel- please contact us for details on your area.